Monday 3 August 2015

CONCORD

So I have been having too much fun playing EVE to spend time writing atm.

My Corpsmate (not my alt... despite what people might think) managed finally to get himself ganked by the New Order... not as easy as one might suspect!

Anyway:

Concord really sucks.
I think the mechanics could really use a beef-up in order to:

1) Make sense.

I think that having a CONCORD patrol sitting next to you in an asteroid belt whilst you get ganked is a bit... strange. I mean they are right there!

Similarly, having CONCORD take exactly the same amount of time to warp to a belt... and save a life is not so realistic! (OMG - talking about realism in a game about blowing up spaceships).

Having CONCORD being able to be manipulated by everything and everyone like a gullible child is also not conducive to taking them seriously.

2) Make things more fun.

I mean, being able to exactly predict and calculate everything... is not so exciting (IMHO).

I haven't really run any numbers on this... not like (for example): http://i.imgur.com/IF2FtQb.png
But my gut feeling is.... bring a random factor to the fight!

I can envisage a world where CONCORD response is random, with a range based upon the SEC of the system. CONCORD does not then sit (like police in a donut shop) where they spawn, but once the criminals have been punished... the CONCORD squads fly off in search of new targets.

If the random response time has an average that is not significantly different from the current numbers... then *on average* the ganker-types would not be disadvantaged. This would remove the need for them to "pre spawn" concord, and to "pull" concord when they have done their dirty deeds.
But maybe the cops were just around the corner, when the crime went down... Or maybe they were in the donut shop on the other side of town.

More RANDOM in CONCORD response times, and having the CONCORD units fly further on patrols once they have avenged a victim would make for a lot more lively and exciting time in High Sec!

That is my opinion at the moment....

No comments:

Post a Comment