Monday 18 April 2016

Nullsec Holiday.

So there is a war going on. After refining the arts of nullsec living in the super friendly and comfortable region of Providence, and having finished my copy of The Eve History Book I decided to go on a tour, visit some of the places that I have heard about.

I packed up my stuff and loaded it into my trusty Helios, and headed out for a nullsec look-see. My round trip of wandering was to take me about 90 Jumps through all security types, and maybe I would even see some fighting!

First on my list of things to visit was the wreck of Steve. The journey there was uneventful, hardly anyone or anything in local at all. The wreck still hangs majestically in space.


This was the first time I had seen anything remotely connected to a Titan live in space! I had to be a bit cautious because of the rats hanging around, and didn't dare to get as close as I would have liked to.
The next location on my list was the Titanomachy monument to The Bloodbath at B-... 33 Jumps through contiguous nullsec space.



The trip until now had been remarkably uneventful. I came across the remains of a gate camp, that slowed me down a little bit, and caused me to be extra careful for the next few jumps making sure I did not just fly along the pipe between the gates. It added a bit to my travel time!





The Titanomachy Monument is surrounded by the wrecks and debris of the battle. Multiple Titan wrecks can be orbited and examined. I really enjoyed experimenting with the first-person cockpit view and trying my luck at flying!

After the exploration it was time to start heading back home. I had some excitement getting chased through a few systems, but my Helios was quicker than the pursuing ships, and over the course of a few jumps I managed to outrun them.



As luck would have it, on the very last gate in null there was a camp. This was the first time I had seen a camp where the bubbles were in the pipe about 100km from the gate! So my "warp to 100" method of staying alive did not help me here!
https://zkillboard.com/kill/53059401/

I did, however, like a professional care bear, save my pod!



Since then I have been elsewhere as well. I watched the scrapping on the Imperium's Saranen undock for a while. I photographed Goonswarm territorial control units and hubs, whilst they still exist. I ran into a gate camp in the EWOK system and got a pod killmail with 66 people on it. https://zkillboard.com/kill/53195281/

It has been fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment